Eirtakon is happy to offer press passes to qualified members of the media who wish to attend to cover the convention for their medium. All applicants must pass a screening process. This process will be based on any information with regards to their planned coverage of Eirtakon, any examples of previous coverage of Eirtakon or other events of a similar nature, and any other information that we may request.
Press passes grant representatives access to:
- the entire convention weekend
- the convention centre during set-up time on Friday and close-down time on Sunday
- press-only rooms, including rooms suitable for interviewing
- a business centre, with fax, photocopier and other office equipment
- schedule private interviews with Eirtakon guests, via our Guest Liaison
- schedule private interviews with the Eirtakon committee directly with the relevant members
Representatives are still subject to the Eirtakon Convention Policies. Eirtakon will not cover any travel, accommodation or meal expenses incurred by representatives.
How to Apply
To enquire for a press pass, please e-mail our Public Relations Officer at pro(at)eirtakon.com, or select Public Relations Officer on our contact form.
The deadline for Eirtakon 2013 press pass enquiries is 7pm November 14th. There will be no press pass registration at the convention.
Each request for press passes is dealt with on a case by case basis; however, the following are our guidelines on eligibility:
- Organisations as a news/press/media outlet that have been established and operational for at least 12-18 months.
- Students who wish to create a student documentary, or other piece of work for assignment or student media purposes - for assignments we request a letter from your programme tutor detailing the intent of your work.
- High-profile freelance bloggers/photographers/videographers - a link to web traffic statistics may be requested.
- Anyone who received a press pass for previous Eirtakon conventions and did not offer any level of press coverage will most likely be blacklisted.
Successful applicants will be provided with a single-use promotional code to use to register free of charge for the convention via the Eirtakon pre-registration form. All press pass recipients must produce valid photo ID to claim their pass at the convention.
Following the convention, we will request that representatives forward on a copy of their coverage for our records, for sharing on our social media platforms, and for future press screening.
If you require a confirmation letter, please contact our Public Relations Officer using the methods above.
Eirtakon reserves the right to limit the number of press passes, or to refuse a press pass to anyone or to any organisation for any reason. Press passes are not transferable.