Ensure that you bring with you:
- If you've pre-registered, your printed pre-registration e-mail OR have your pre-registration e-mail and QR code readily available on your tablet or smartphone (if applicable).
- If you're over 18, a valid form of ID so that you can be given an 18+ wristband on entry to grant you access to 18+ events. In addition, ID is required for the NuBar for the Pub Quiz on Friday night - bar staff may at their discretion ask for ID on entry or when being served.
- Plenty of money to cover admission (if applicable), for buying everything you want in the Traders Hall, and to cover food and refreshments for the weekend. While there are ATMs on campus and in retail units surrounding the campus, there's no guarantee that they'll remain full over the weekend, so having enough cash to keep you covered is key!
- Do NOT bring suitcases with you to the Helix. Our cloakroom will not accept suitcases of any shape or size. Please leave your suitcases in your accommodation and bring what you need with you in a backpack or rucksack - which are accepted in the cloakroom.
- A raincoat or some other form of jacket. Remember this is Ireland, and our weather is about as predictable as the Lotto. Ensure you have something light and waterproof you can throw over yourself if you're stuck having to journey to/from your accommodation in a sudden downpour.
- If you're taking part in any video game tournaments, you may wish to bring your own controller or fightstick. Gaming headsets will not be permitted as the game audio is part of the Games Room atmosphere, and also we cannot guarantee all tournaments will be one person to a console.
- If you're taking part in any of the Pokémon Black/White tournaments, your own DS/3DS and your own copy of Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2 - with your own assembled team of Pokémon based on the rules of each tournament. Also, you may wish to bring a DS/3DS charger, just in case.
- If you're taking part in any of the CCG tournaments, your own tournament-legal deck to participate with.
- If you're entering the Art Competition, ensure you print out any digital art (max. A3).
- If you're selling at the Bring and Buy, your fully completed forms and labelled items.
In addition, please ensure that your costume(s) and/or prop(s) adhere to the guidelines set out in our Costume and Props and Weapons Policies.
But most importantly, enjoy Eirtakon 2012!