PDA

View Full Version : So what NON ANIME/MANGA are you watching and reading??

^.^Hammy
26th Mar 2011, 18:23
So what are you watching/reading at the moment peeps?
Im reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ichiguro and Watching the new season of Law and order SVU (I seriously love this show, my mother got my entire family into it and its really addictive but just BRILLIANT!!)
Im also watching the new season of The Simpsons which is not half as bad as the last season :) I could watch hours of it it one of my things that sense being really young I never get bored of.

Shinji170981
26th Mar 2011, 21:18
I just finished watching the 2 seasons of Eli Stone. Besides that i watch Fringe, Futurama, Lie to Me and Eureka. Dexter is still a bit away so only Anime besides that.

Stinkini
27th Mar 2011, 08:51
Started watching the original 1971 Kamen Rider series, and still reading The Count of Monte Cristo.

Lance
27th Mar 2011, 13:55
Chuck, Castle, Community, Stargate Universe, Sym Bionic Titan, Adventure Time, Boardwalk Empire, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Fringe.

Hybridchild
27th Mar 2011, 21:04
Moved to TV as it fits better there.

MarkMI6
29th Mar 2011, 18:06
Currently working my way through Frasier, onto Season 4 of 11 :v:

E K Dante
2nd Apr 2011, 20:50
I'm loving watching Metalocalypse [dethklok] at the moment. :awesome:

tread_softly
2nd Apr 2011, 22:43
On a real Christopher Moore buzz at the moment.

A Dirty Job is a fab book

E K Dante
26th Apr 2011, 20:58
Watched Derren Brown's Miracles For Sale last night, and I have to say it was a great show :nyoron: Never thought THOUSANDS of attendees would BELIEVE some faith healer would grow 3 inches from a short leg of the limping person by pulling a shoe a bit outwards xDDD

Jayse
26th Apr 2011, 23:08
Game of Thrones. Tv series that is.

Came rainbows.

hangfire
27th Apr 2011, 17:20
Game of Thrones. Tv series that is.

Came rainbows.

YES. Holy fuck, it's great. The sets, music and intro are really well done so far.

Sharpe isn't a fantastic Ned, but most of the rest of the casting is spot on. I only wonder some times how it plays out for someone who hasn't read the books.

Stinkini
27th Apr 2011, 19:03
Finished watching the third season of Breaking Bad yesterday.

Fucking awesome.

Can't wait for the fourth season to start up.

tread_softly
3rd May 2011, 23:05
Finished Fool by Christopher Moore.

Having trouble deciding which of his books to read next >.<

E K Dante
9th May 2011, 23:03
Currently reading William Blake--- Selected Poetry book.

MarkMI6
10th May 2011, 10:13
Everytime I think William Blake I think of the film Dead Man, even tho it has nothing to do with Blake :3

CyRevenant
10th May 2011, 10:30
About to check out the last episode of Stargate Universe.

I know I'm not the only person watching Doctor Who.

hangfire
10th May 2011, 21:50
Silly crow, Game of Thrones is clearly the only thing on TV.

Shinji170981
11th May 2011, 01:43
I am currently watching all 5 seasons of Earth: Finl Conflict.
Already finished the first season and i am almost halfway through with the 2nd.

CyRevenant
11th May 2011, 09:48
Silly crow, Game of Thrones is clearly the only thing on TV.
I don't know anything about Game of Thrones. Should I be watching it?

I am currently watching all 5 seasons of Earth: Finl Conflict.
Already finished the first season and i am almost halfway through with the 2nd.
You should stop before you kill yourself.

hangfire
11th May 2011, 20:21
I don't know anything about Game of Thrones. Should I be watching it?
Yes. It's a ludicrously expensive HBO adaptation of some pretty damn good books.

EFC: You should stop before you kill yourself.
BOOOOOOOOOONE, NOOOOOOO!

puellamagi
16th May 2011, 20:13
Game of Thrones is actually pretty good stuff - even for someone who's usually not into that sort of Medieval setting. The 'Sopranos in Middle Earth' tagline definitely fits it!

Stinkini
17th May 2011, 19:39
Holy fuck, that bath scene from the new House episode. I can usually stand that kind of stuff, but for some reason when he was cutting open his leg it made me cringe like fuck. :aaaaa:

Dartz
21st May 2011, 00:46
The Wave on BBC 2 atm...

A German teacher teaches his students a lesson on the insidiousness of fascism in a wonderful manner.

E K Dante
22nd May 2011, 00:45
Watched the first two hours of El Cid, and will resume later in the day -_- Feeling sleepy already. It's a great film, I have to admit :D

I wish I could watch Game of Thrones, but damn no Sky Atlantic channel T^T And I totally forgot to borrow the book of that title, went to the library today >.<

^.^Hammy
22nd May 2011, 11:18
In the middle of re-watching the X-Men trilogy before the new movie is out. Man that CGI It hurts my eyes. I need to get around to the Blade trilogy before the animu in July as well.

In TV not much going as SVU finished this week till September and The Simpsons is finishing this week. Im catching up on Game Of Thrones which is good :).

Oh SEASON 4 OF TRUE BLOOD IS STARTING NEXT MONTH ^_______^ Bring it on.

Lady_Nymeria
15th Nov 2011, 20:23
Started reading book 4 in the song of fire and ice series- a feast for crows. pretty good so far. gonna take a bit tis a bit on the big side. cant wait for the second season to start back next year :D

As for tv catching up on box sets mostly, house, the mentalist, also want to get x-men first class sounds pretty good

hangfire
21st Nov 2011, 12:33
Started reading book 4 in the song of fire and ice series- a feast for crows. pretty good so far. gonna take a bit tis a bit on the big side. cant wait for the second season to start back next year :D

As for tv catching up on box sets mostly, house, the mentalist, also want to get x-men first class sounds pretty good

I read it as an ebook, and was completely floored when I saw an actual copy in a bookstore -- it's huuuuge! (I was disappointed with it; maybe I was just waiting for too long)

Xmen: First Class is a Good'un in my book -- it's a little trashy, but so are comics, so it's all good. I really enjoyed it - much more than Xmen 2/3.

Lady_Nymeria
21st Nov 2011, 16:10
I read it as an ebook, and was completely floored when I saw an actual copy in a bookstore -- it's huuuuge! (I was disappointed with it; maybe I was just waiting for too long)

im only a recent fan since the tv series came out so i dove straight in and havent had to wait ..yet. I Know dance with dragons is even bigger my shelves will break under the weight of some of these books.
i do have to re read the eragon series as have alsmot forgotten some of the stuff in it but thatsa while away :colbert:

Dartz
23rd Nov 2011, 22:00
Been reading through a couple of the Harry Dresden books recently.

And enjoying them.

Shinji170981
24th Nov 2011, 17:50
Currently watching Primeval Season 4 and 5, then Terra Nova and The Walking Dead Season 2.