PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

DrPepper
17th May 2011, 16:31
Whose watching it? What do ya think? etc. etc. etc....

Also none of this "OMG TE BOOKS ARE LIKE BETTAR".
Books are not TV shows, this is a TV show.

hangfire
17th May 2011, 23:29
So far, as someone who has read the books, I love it.

I'm not sure how confusing it is for someone who hasn't though -- there are a lot of characters.

It's finally starting to get a bit bloody too

greyden
18th May 2011, 01:51
Jolly Good Show.

By the second episode I had no problem keeping up with the characters. I can't speak for anyone else though.

Tyrion Lannister is amazing!

DrPepper
20th May 2011, 11:20
Jolly Good Show.

By the second episode I had no problem keeping up with the characters. I can't speak for anyone else though.

Tyrion Lannister is amazing!

Same here, i found each character unique and clearly recognizable.
Loving this show.

Hangfire: would you recommend the books?

kewtbutpsycho
20th May 2011, 12:41
I was getting a bit confused keeping up with the characters but someone sat down with me about told me names to faces which made it easier.
Then they handed me the book and now I'm reading and watching it!

I found things happening in the TV show and in the book out of order a little but its insignificant. It does help for getting rid of the confusion of who the hell people are.. and apparently with so many more people to come, its a good idea to read!

Quite enjoying it though :D *<3 Sean Bean <3*

Tyrion Lannister= amazing actor, steals each scene he is in.

Zeouterlimits
20th May 2011, 17:23
The books are quite fantastic, heartedly recommend them.

hangfire
21st May 2011, 16:08
Hangfire: would you recommend the books?

Yes, they're very good. I'd say wait until the series is over before starting though (or you'll get even more impatient!) The next book is much cooler, so I'm going to be really impatient for the second series. So much of the first book is foreshadowing for stuff, and that's an element of the series that's been pretty-much neglected (except for the old Gran, and the initial scene)

The series is far from complete, even the next book (which has been "on the way" for 4 years) isn't going to finish it off.

Quite enjoying it though :D *<3 Sean Bean <3*
I actually think that he's the worst-cast of the characters. Ned Stark always seemed rougher and more blunt to me. Good thing well, you can see where it's going already, right?
Then again, Joffrey / Malfoy can barely act, and some of the British accents are pretty laughable... even Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) sounds really strange every now and again.

Also: d'awww
http://www.boomtron.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/game-of-thrones-tyrion-lannister-hbo1.jpg

kewtbutpsycho
1st Jun 2011, 22:27
http://cache-01.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/8/2011/05/500x_tumblr_ll5yldw36w1qhlu53o1_400.jpg

tobikakashi
3rd Jun 2011, 13:00
Its a good show...not the best but its watchable

Pazuzu
4th Jun 2011, 08:20
Loving how faithful it is to the books. Also how ridiculous the budget must be.

Is it me or does Joffrey look almost exactly like Kes from Voyager?

hangfire
4th Jun 2011, 15:22
Is it me or does Joffrey look almost exactly like Kes from Voyager?

I'm watching it with my sisters, and we've taken to referring to him as "Malfoy"

kewtbutpsycho
11th Jun 2011, 00:54
Myself and himself have taken to calling Joffrey, Joffrey Beiber .. Just that hair cut..

I also can't help screaming "YOUR SUCH A SCUM BAG!" at Theon.. just.. saw a picture of him where he looked like a right knob! Also, he is Lily Allen's little brother O.o and she wrote a song called Alfie about him...

Daito
16th Jun 2011, 02:49
Episode 9

GASP!!! Also there's magic in this show?

Jayse
16th Jun 2011, 03:15
Yeah there is magic. I thought the undead would have given that away? I cant say more without a few spoilers from season two so I won't. Needless to say there is a bit more magic ahead.

hangfire
18th Jun 2011, 09:58
All the magic came from Valyria, which they have mentioned a few times already. Valyrian Steel, Dragons, it all came from Valyria. Unfortunately for everyone though, a doom came to Valyria, so most knowledge about magic was lost. This is all explained in the book >_>

DrPepper
18th Jun 2011, 10:35
This show has wowed me since day 1, as a result i am the new owner of the first 3 books. :)

hangfire
18th Jun 2011, 23:31
This show has wowed me since day 1, as a result i am the new owner of the first 3 books. :)

Take it slow on the 1st and 2nd until the 4th book comes out - the 3rd book is pretty frustrating, considering how long he's been working on the 4th one.

Basically, he decided to only follow half the characters in the 3rd book, and follow the other half in the 4th book ... but all the characters I like aren't in the 3rd one! :raeg:

Stinkini
19th Jun 2011, 02:26
My sister catches me watching Game of Thrones, and when I go into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee I just stand there, waiting for the kettle to boil, as she starts showering me with spoilers.

:colbert:

greyden
22nd Jun 2011, 02:41
I should write a series of comics parodying this show.

I've already got 2 of them done. There's so much material!

Oh yeah, good ending yada yada fuck Joffrey

DrPepper
23rd Jun 2011, 11:24
qYNeT2nzEgA

Zeouterlimits
28th Jun 2011, 13:21
Seems Titancon (http://www.titancon.com/)is going to have both actors from GoT as Guests and a location tour.

Lady_Nymeria
15th Jul 2011, 22:13
Absolutely loved the first series of the show and im quite hard to please with tv shows. i get bored of most of them half way through XD. and been impatient to know what happens went out and bought myself the books. cant wait for series 2.

Lady_Nymeria
10th Apr 2012, 21:56
New Series started last week wohoooo already looking like its as good as the first series :D, and its a great reminder of whats happened in the earlier books. on a bit of a martin overdose with the books i get a lil confused as to what has gone on and when.