PDA

View Full Version : How much to Ireland

pipermisa
31st Mar 2012, 10:41
Anyone have any ideas how much a ferry to Ireland is and if we are in the uk will we need passports to travel to dublin

AshwinK
31st Mar 2012, 20:04
Anyone have any ideas how much a ferry to Ireland is and if we are in the uk will we need passports to travel to dublin

Heya,

You can use this website Stena Line (http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/) I did a quick search and it's about 53 return. Or this one: Irish Ferries (http://www.irishferries.com/ie/index-uk-ie.asp) but it's more expensive - 66 return.

And, yep you'll need to bring your passport when arriving in Dublin. :cop:

CyRevenant
5th Apr 2012, 12:49
I'd imagine a budget airline would work out cheaper.

MarkMI6
5th Apr 2012, 16:21
Nope ferry is cheapest. Takes longer obviously but some people prefer it. It's a lot less hassle I understand, what with the lack of airport security shenanigans and much more room to doze off mid journey.

Art Wolf
5th Apr 2012, 17:04
The ferry is fantastic craic, especially with a group!

CyRevenant
8th Apr 2012, 13:21
66 sounds a lot more than the price of a couple of Ryanair flights.

MarkMI6
8th Apr 2012, 16:18
I think including charges and the likes Ryanair works out more expensive. Don't quote me on that tho D:

Daito
10th Apr 2012, 15:03
Also if you're in between passports the ferrys don't really check.
I've done it twice and not once was I asked for the passport.

Didn't enjoy it though (lost passport)
Get yourself a plane.

AshwinK
10th Apr 2012, 20:32
Perhaps not, as it is true they don't really care on the ferry. However, if you're going to Eirtakon (and you're over 18), bring your passport so I can verify your age and give you an 18+ wristband. :)

Daito
10th Apr 2012, 21:10
Perhaps not, as it is true they don't really care on the ferry. However, if you're going to Eirtakon (and you're over 18), bring your passport so I can verify your age and give you an 18+ wristband. :)

I am how you say illegal in your country.