PDA

View Full Version : Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes

DrVokterDiktom
17th May 2010, 12:04
Any fans?

Either that or has anyone ever wished that they could spend at least one day as being DCI Gene Hunt?

Unnamed Giant Catfish
17th May 2010, 17:16
Yeah, fan of both series. Looking forward to see how everything is resolved.

hangfire
17th May 2010, 18:27
I really enjoyed Life on Mars - but I've heard that Ashes to Ashes is terrible tripe.

Take a look at the (fantastic) US ending of Life on Mars (won't ruin the UK series, the US producers already spoiled their version)

Watch the whole thing for the truly wtf moment.
YxI_UwYThgU

edit: oh god, I'd forgotten about all the puns / horrible Bowie references

Unnamed Giant Catfish
17th May 2010, 19:17
I really enjoyed Life on Mars - but I've heard that Ashes to Ashes is terrible tripe.

Take a look at the (fantastic) US ending of Life on Mars (won't ruin the UK series, the US producers already spoiled their version)

Watch the whole thing for the truly wtf moment.
YxI_UwYThgU

edit: oh god, I'd forgotten about all the puns / horrible Bowie references

Ashes to Ashes was a bit shit starting out, but after that it's pretty much precisely Life on Mars, but in the 80s with a female lead.

kitty-cato
18th May 2010, 08:45
I've watched neither, sadly. I've seen some clips of Life on Mars, and it does look great. One of those shows I wished I was bothered enough to watch ._.

DrVokterDiktom
18th May 2010, 12:15
First series of Ashes to Ashes was pretty class, second series: gash, third series: starting to look really good again.

Life on Mars was fab, though. Myself and the old man were huge fans, although considering the fact that me da grew up on The Sweeney and the likes, it's fairly apparent that he was going to dig it...

Great soundtrack for both series' though.

Unnamed Giant Catfish
21st May 2010, 22:03
Oh man.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qdsznr.jpg

Gene's world is Angel Beats! for coppers, with an added devil(Keats). And I'm not shitting you either.