PDA

View Full Version : Moooovies

Pages : [1] 2

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 12:46
Ok, so went to see 9 last night :oeek:

i really liked it, mark not so much, but the thing that freaked me out was that it was rated 12A but there's shit going on on that screen that would give you nightmares....

this being the fright inducer for me:

don't click if you haven't seen the movie! (http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s136/Rocketboy1331/seamstress.jpg)

here's a video clip, also don't watch if you haven't seen 9! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_W3OxKrDMs)

so yeah, after being left mentally scarred, think Fantastic Mr. Fox is next on the list!

can't wait for the Sands of Time to be released, looking at the trailer it looks promising. let's just hope they didn't squash all the best bits into the trailer....

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time/trailer

Zen 2nd
6th Nov 2009, 12:48
I really want to see Fantastic Mr.Fox but just a tad bit busy :???: Might go on Wednesday if I can round someone up to go :D

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 12:57
i'm trying to root out my old copy of the book from years ago but to no avail :(

roald dahl is one reason i want to see it and wes anderson is the second, that man can do no wrong!

Rushmore is one of his best movies

qKuAl1QvuI8

"These are OR scrubs"

"Oh, are they?"

LOL!

Solai Tsukada
6th Nov 2009, 12:57
I love foxes, so I might have to see Mr. Fox, even though I've never heard of the story. That's just me being American, though.

Jayse
6th Nov 2009, 13:10
9 was an amazing film.

My most anticipated film now would have to be Avatar.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/teaserlarge.html
The film looks simply astounding

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 13:17
My most anticipated film now would have to be Avatar.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar/teaserlarge.html
The film looks simply astounding

yeah i'm looking forward to this too, but every bloody edition of Empire seems to shite on about it (that being said, i did buy the special edition with the Avatar poster :awesome:)

i just hope it's not being hyped up three much and fails to deliver.
what i'm really intrigued about are the Viper Wolves, they sound terrifying!

Looking forward to the release of Sherlock Holmes too for obvious reasons (http://cdn.buzznet.com/media-cdn/jj1/headlines/2008/12/robert-downey-jr-sherlock-holmes-stills.jpg)

Jayse
6th Nov 2009, 13:22
Oh I forgot to mention Alice In Wonderland.

Gief that now kkthxbai

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 13:27
stephen fry is doing the voice of the cheshire cat :flashfap:

greyden
6th Nov 2009, 13:44
Fantastic Mr. Fox is exactly as the name suggests. Fantastic.

If this spoils anything, forgive me. I'll do my best to avoid them. 9 was a letdown. The plot was incredibly vague. There was no character development and some of the aspects of each character, considering the situation, made absolutely no sense. Particularly the female and the brutish oaf. The ending was chilling but it wasn't clear. There is actually nowhere to go from there! Despite them trying to make it seem like the world was somehow saved. The animation was brilliant don't get me wrong. I can see a lot of thought was put into the action sequences. I was loving the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" bit, but it really seemed lacking in something. Definitely the most mature animation to be released in cinema this year, especially with Coraline, Mr. Fox and Up taking the maturity level up as well. All in all I would put it at the bottom of the list for animated films this year. Right under Monster VS Aliens. Fantastic Mr. Fox may actually be my number 1.

Sorry... I'm rather passionate about animation in general.

Hybridchild
6th Nov 2009, 13:47
I love foxes, so I might have to see Mr. Fox, even though I've never heard of the story. That's just me being American, though.

Haven't seen the film yet but you should read the book, it really is a classic.

Solai Tsukada
6th Nov 2009, 13:48
So... Mr. Fox should been seen ASAP? Now to convince Keith to take me or give me money to see it.

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 13:54
Particularly the female and the brutish oaf.

it's basically saying that there are many parts to a person's psyche.

just like a woman has a "masculine" part to her soul, the man has a "feminine" aspect.

as for the big guy, every person is capable of violence but some just choose not to express it, it still doesn't mean that it's not part of your being.

haha, sorry, 3 years of doing greek and roman studies (particularly the philosophical parts) on top of my media degree means they tend to express themselves sometimes!

greyden
6th Nov 2009, 14:02
it's basically saying that there are many parts to a person's psyche.

just like a woman has a "masculine" part to her soul, the man has a "feminine" aspect.

as for the big guy, every person is capable of violence but some just choose not to express it, it still doesn't mean that it's not part of your being.

haha, sorry, 3 years of doing greek and roman studies (particularly the philosophical parts) on top of my media degree means they tend to express themselves sometimes!

That female was the manliest of the bunch... which make less sense when you take in the femininity aspect.

And that oaf was just far more uncharacteristic compared to the rest of them. Most did have similarity with the creator, but he was just a mindless junkie brute.

But then what explains the mute twins?! Silent schizophrenia?!

Whats worse is they're all conflicted... Or rather just 2 of them and the rest are caught in the crossfire.

tread_softly
6th Nov 2009, 14:54
That female was the manliest of the bunch... which make less sense when you take in the femininity aspect.

And that oaf was just far more uncharacteristic compared to the rest of them. Most did have similarity with the creator, but he was just a mindless junkie brute.

But then what explains the mute twins?! Silent schizophrenia?!

Whats worse is they're all conflicted... Or rather just 2 of them and the rest are caught in the crossfire.

the twins catalogued everything, as they didn't speak, that was their only function. their creator was a scientist whose job essentially is to research and discover new information. take a look at where he lived, books and ideas written on pieces of paper lined the walls. the twins were his scientific curiosity, the part of him that loved to learn and acquire knowledge and catalogue it for future reference.

the girl was the "manliest" of the bunch as, though she represents the scientists "femininity", she still has to portray the fact she was born from the soul of a man.

and of course they're conflicted.

think of when you face a decision. the majority of the time you can't come to a conclusion straight away.

you debate it with yourself, deciding the best course of action to take. take the scientist for example, when he decided to make "The Machine" the twins inside him would come to good use, using the knowledge he had acquired over the years.

The No.2 inside him would be thrilled with the idea, enjoying the chance to create something from nothing.

But the No. 5 inside him was probably sick with worry as to what this machine would do, but as the majority of his psyche was for the idea, so they overcame the 5 aspect of him and the machine came in to being.

maybe i'm just thinking too much into the film, but considering all 9 of the dolls are a part of one psyche, i think my line of thinking makes sense.

but then, each to their own!

kitty-cato
6th Nov 2009, 20:12
Saw 9 earlier today. It was pretty good. Not overwhelming but an interesting wee watch. Was fascinated by each of the being's personalities; Found ourselves debating who represented what and I doubt we'll ever agree.
lawl

next: Fantastic Mr.Fox

Lance
7th Nov 2009, 00:52
Have any of you seen the original short of 9? Watch that and compare the two. Would be interesting to see it.

AshwinK
7th Nov 2009, 01:35
Have any of you seen the original short of 9? Watch that and compare the two. Would be interesting to see it.
Aye, and for the longest time I was expecting to see the same scenes... but they never happened. It was slightly confusing, but I got over it after figuring the movie was better.

Anyone seen Moon yet? It is rather good. Any if anyone mentions New Moon I'm going to kill you in the face. Moon is
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/. And Sam Rockwell is in it, and is very worth watching if you like more story-based sci-fi.

tread_softly
8th Nov 2009, 12:31
every time sam rockwell is mentioned, i think of Galaxy Quest :awesome:

w4E2TYIK1lo

been meaning to see Moon for a while now, looks interesting

hangfire
8th Nov 2009, 14:52
every time sam rockwell is mentioned, i think of Galaxy Quest :awesome:

I think that you just ruined Moon for me :smith:

tread_softly
8th Nov 2009, 17:47
I think that you just ruined Moon for me :smith:

are you kidding me!?

galaxy quest is a gem!

Lord_Sevotharte
16th Nov 2009, 04:21
I have not been to the cinema as frequently as I would normally do so but I would very much like to get around to eventually seeing 9 and doctor paranasus despite the negative things I've heard.
I really enjoyed Dahl's books as a child and am thoroughly looking forward to fantastic mr fox. Sherlock holmes is another reason for me to look forward to Christmas all the more and I hold Downey in very high regard as an actor having seen his performances in tropic thunder and especially iron man.
Alice in wonderland though by Tim Burton I am probably most interested in though, it was my favourite story as a child and likely the first movie I watched and has been a great source of influence on me.

kitty-cato
16th Nov 2009, 11:34
I went to see my first 3D film the other day: A Christmas Carol!
I love 3D now...

Thurandul
16th Nov 2009, 18:02
I have not see in a movie in ages!!
I read all about them, and want to go.... but we never do!
:???:

kitty-cato
17th Nov 2009, 10:36
I have not see in a movie in ages!!
I read all about them, and want to go.... but we never do!
:???:

You should ^_^
I try and get to the cinema at least once a week. Was suppossed to go today but I think it'll be put off till friday for Twilight.
Gawd, the first film was horrid XD

cherryghost
17th Nov 2009, 14:56
I went to see my first 3D film the other day: A Christmas Carol!
I love 3D now...

Ah dude. Nightmare Before Christmas 3D is way better than that. A Christmas Carol is pretty average in 3D standards IMO

CaiserZero
19th Nov 2009, 08:09
Anyone else is gonna go see 2012? not saying its a great movie or even a good movie by standards but still looks like a fun movie ^^

and yes, def cant wait for Avatar too *_*

kitty-cato
19th Nov 2009, 11:38
@Caiser: Avatar looks amazing. Defo excited for that one.

@cherry: Wasnt even aware that Nihjtmare was available on 3D. Haven't seen that film in yeeeears :P

sairus
19th Nov 2009, 11:47
Anyone else is gonna go see 2012? not saying its a great movie or even a good movie by standards but still looks like a fun movie ^^

and yes, def cant wait for Avatar too *_*

I saw it there last week, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't even realise it was 3 hours long until one of my housemates said it to me, and even then I thought he was joking XD
The big epic destruction scenes are some of the most fun experiences I've had in years.
...just leave your brain at the door. Seriously, the movie makes no sense at the best of times.

Wasnt even aware that Nihjtmare was available on 3D. Haven't seen that film in yeeeears :P
It usually only comes out at Christmas as far as I know. Haven't managed to get to a showing yet myslef.

kitty-cato
26th Nov 2009, 20:09
Ohhhhhh, I saw Paranormal Activity today!
I'm the biggest wuss in the world to I found it absolutely terrifying. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if it wasn't for the last 5 seconds or so. Not the best endings.

But before PA, we were shown the trailer for the creativity titled "The Crazies". The trailer on it's own had me in near tears. NOT going that one...

CaiserZero
28th Nov 2009, 11:10
I saw it there last week, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't even realise it was 3 hours long until one of my housemates said it to me, and even then I thought he was joking XD
The big epic destruction scenes are some of the most fun experiences I've had in years.
...just leave your brain at the door. Seriously, the movie makes no sense at the best of times.

LOL exactly =p

Ohhhhhh, I saw Paranormal Activity today!
I'm the biggest wuss in the world to I found it absolutely terrifying. I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if it wasn't for the last 5 seconds or so. Not the best endings.

But before PA, we were shown the trailer for the creativity titled "The Crazies". The trailer on it's own had me in near tears. NOT going that one...

ooo i wanted to see PA too. Prolly gonna DL it. I think its out of the theaters already so not like i have a choice at this point =/

Zen 2nd
28th Nov 2009, 13:06
ooo i wanted to see PA too. Prolly gonna DL it. I think its out of the theaters already so not like i have a choice at this point =/

eh what!? It was only released on the 25th of this month!!

CyRevenant
28th Nov 2009, 15:30

Are you kidding me boy?

Or is this another one of those cases where the U.S get movies months before the rest of us plebs?

You could wait for TV or DVD release. Those things don't take long these days.

tread_softly
29th Nov 2009, 03:50
Rewatched the cube today after about 6 years, it's still WTF

kitty-cato
29th Nov 2009, 09:42
LOL exactly =p

Oh, come on. It was only just released. Don't be cheap and part with a few quid to see it.

CaiserZero
29th Nov 2009, 12:36
Oh, come on. It was only just released. Don't be cheap and part with a few quid to see it.

lol no im being serious. they stopped showing it a bit ago. its not playing in any of the local theaters where i live. its not even a matter of money. Movies these days tend to stop playing at the theaters after bout 1 month or so. sometimes even quicker depending on new releases.

Zen 2nd
29th Nov 2009, 14:27
lol no im being serious. they stopped showing it a bit ago. its not playing in any of the local theaters where i live. its not even a matter of money. Movies these days tend to stop playing at the theaters after bout 1 month or so. sometimes even quicker depending on new releases.

I noticed now that you are from New York so that would explain why its no longer in the cinemas.

MarkMI6
29th Nov 2009, 14:55
Rewatched the cube today after about 6 years, it's still WTF

Haha The Cube, that film is fucked weird. Shame about the sequels, bleh.

A Serious Man is an incredibly strange movie. I could hear film studies lecturers fapping behind me.

tread_softly
29th Nov 2009, 16:11
Haha The Cube, that film is fucked weird. Shame about the sequels, bleh.

yeah, haven't even seen cube zero, hypercube was enough to put me off :-?

the original is by far the best.

DON'T WATCH THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FREAKED OUT!!! it's pretty gross, but a great starting of a movie :D

u4grDNSqwI8&

kitty-cato
29th Nov 2009, 20:36

Oh! I only noticed you're in NYC. Nice ^_^ Ill be there in march
But that explains why you can't see it. Shame :(

CaiserZero
2nd Dec 2009, 09:21
Are you kidding me boy?

Or is this another one of those cases where the U.S get movies months before the rest of us plebs?

You could wait for TV or DVD release. Those things don't take long these days.

fraid not, wish i was =/
Dont really know how much later you guys get movie releases over there but i imagine it not too often.

lol tv releases take FOREVER even if the dvd's dont now-a-days. Cable releases are a lot quicker but cable is expensive >_< Since im already paying for interwebz, why not use it? =p

I noticed now that you are from New York so that would explain why its no longer in the cinemas.

lol yea ^_^;

Oh! I only noticed you're in NYC. Nice ^_^ Ill be there in march
But that explains why you can't see it. Shame :(

kool! but why march? it tends to be coldish round then. best months to visit are april-June. If you come during June you can check out AnimeNext. There are however a few Cons during the March period. will continue this on your wall since its very off topic lol

but yea, anyone else gonna go see the new sherlock homes movie with Ironman (aka robert downey Jr) and Vassili Zaitsev (aka Jude Law)? I think it looks funny enough where i might see it matinee.

kitty-cato
2nd Dec 2009, 18:20
kool! but why march? it tends to be coldish round then. best months to visit are april-June. If you come during June you can check out AnimeNext. There are however a few Cons during the March period. will continue this on your wall since its very off topic lol

but yea, anyone else gonna go see the new sherlock homes movie with Ironman (aka robert downey Jr) and Vassili Zaitsev (aka Jude Law)? I think it looks funny enough where i might see it matinee.

I'm not really sure why we're going then. We went during February last time which wasn't too bad. But you need you recommend me some attractions :3

And yes! I saw the trailer for Sherlock Homes and it looks rather good. Looking forward to seeing it.
But tonight I'm going to watch Kristen Stewart bite her lip for 2 hours.

tread_softly
2nd Dec 2009, 23:30
And yes! I saw the trailer for Sherlock Homes and it looks rather good. Looking forward to seeing it.

oh robert....... one day he'll be mine!

sherlock holmes has him fighting some guy with his top off :flashfap:

CaiserZero
6th Dec 2009, 10:10
I'm not really sure why we're going then. We went during February last time which wasn't too bad. But you need you recommend me some attractions :3

But tonight I'm going to watch Kristen Stewart bite her lip for 2 hours.

lol yes! and NO! lol
ewwww twilight... ::puke::

anyone else here hates the twilight movies as much as i do?

MarkMI6
7th Dec 2009, 13:53
Who DOESN'T hate the Twilight movies? I don't get them at all ;_;

Doomdude
7th Dec 2009, 16:01
I hate twilight, they fagged up vampires and now they sparkle in the sunlight.
Its not just right, now true blood thats good.

kitty-cato
7th Dec 2009, 18:51
Twilight is the only film I've ever turned off half way, and Ive sat through New World.

CaiserZero
9th Dec 2009, 05:46
I hate twilight, they fagged up vampires and now they sparkle in the sunlight.

LMAO XD

Twilight is the only film I've ever turned off half way, and Ive sat through New World.

was new world really that bad? cant say i'd ever seen it.

kitty-cato
9th Dec 2009, 10:42
LMAO XD

was new world really that bad? cant say i'd ever seen it.

it was horrible.
I never walk out of films. I actually sat through new world, crying with fustration. Seriously. I just made me so angry knowing that this film exsisted that I actually cried.
From what I can remember, around 20 people were in the screening and 15 walked out by the half way.

kitty-cato
12th Dec 2009, 23:34
Astroboy looks shite

CaiserZero
13th Dec 2009, 01:28
kinda on the fence with AB =/

6 moar days till Avatar! ^^

kitty-cato
13th Dec 2009, 11:58
Oh, I canny wait till avatar. Looks fantastic.
And Where the wild things are. Sorta became obsessed with that film after that feature in Dazed. I want to dress in a furry jumpsuit too.

Stinkini
13th Dec 2009, 12:06
Hopefully, I'll remember to see that new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog that comes out in February next year.

TheChrisD
13th Dec 2009, 12:46
Avatar really shouldn't be called Avatar. In fact the only reson they had to name it "The Last Airbender" was because of this shitty movie being called Avatar.

Way to confuse people you asshats!

kitty-cato
13th Dec 2009, 12:52
Avatar really shouldn't be called Avatar. In fact the only reson they had to name it "The Last Airbender" was because of this shitty movie being called Avatar.

Way to confuse people you asshats!

?

10Characters

Lance
13th Dec 2009, 14:50
?

10Characters

There are two movies coming out. One is Avatar and the other is The Last Airbender. The Last Airbender is a live action adaption of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I imagine thats what he's getting at.

kitty-cato
13th Dec 2009, 15:07
There are two movies coming out. One is Avatar and the other is The Last Airbender. The Last Airbender is a live action adaption of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I imagine thats what he's getting at.

Ohhh right.
"this shitty movie being called Avatar" threw me a little

TheChrisD
13th Dec 2009, 18:06

Precisely. So many people, including myself, get so confused whenever Avatar is mentioned thinking it's the live-action form of the anime...

Hybridchild
13th Dec 2009, 19:50
live-action form of the Nickalodeon cartoon

Fixed that for you.

For what its worth Cameron has been working on the movie since before the cartoon was made so he has legimate claim to the name.

kitty-cato
13th Dec 2009, 21:33
Fixed that for you.

XD
Love you

tread_softly
14th Dec 2009, 20:38
just saw the trailer for Daybreakers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYiMygqlfo) there, do i sense a possibly half-decent vampire movie in our midst?

AshwinK
15th Dec 2009, 04:12
I'm not looking forward to Avatar at all... pretty much everything I've seen in the trailer seems to have been done before, especially the main plot.

I am, however, looking forward to The Last Airbender. I loved the cartoon, as it was very well written with lots of sarcasm and just like any other Shonen-type animation which I'm quite fond of.

Daybreakers is too another I'd like to see. Real vampires are awesome, and they need to re-claim the limelight.

kitty-cato
15th Dec 2009, 11:50
Seeing Avatar tomorrow in 3D. Well looking forward to it.
Hopefully seeing Where the Wild Things Are later today.

Shinji170981
15th Dec 2009, 12:47
Tell us how it was.
Where the wild things are looks interesting and i am tempted to go and see it, but i dont know what to expect.
Avatar i would like to see, but i dont really like going to the movies by myself, so i would have to find people first, which would go with me.
No, i am not scared of the dark screening room, i just want people to talk to after the movie and before while having a beer :)

kitty-cato
15th Dec 2009, 17:49
I'll tell you all about it when I get home ;D
Though I'm especially looking forward to it; Im a fan of the storybook and that article in Dazed featuring Spike and Maurice hightened my spirits.

Hybridchild
15th Dec 2009, 20:17
seems to have been done before, especially the main plot.

You mean the plot thats been in pretty much every Miyazaki movie yeah?

Cameron has stated on more than one occasion thats Miyazaki is his favorite director so it was only a matter of time before he used a plot 'inspired' by him.

kitty-cato
15th Dec 2009, 22:23
Just back from seeing Where the Wild Things Are.
Loved it. I had no idea how Jonze and Sendak would be able to make the book suitable for a film but they pulled it off. And anyone who has read it will really appreciate the opening scene.
Now I must find a wolf suit...

tread_softly
16th Dec 2009, 00:26
that's good to hear, i'm looking forward to seeing Where the Wild Things Are!

right now, i'd prefer to see Sherlock Holmes over Avatar.

i think it's the amount of Robert coverage i'm seeing everywhere.

there's a subway station out here which is covered in Sherlock Holmes posters.

Robert's face is on the ticket booths, the walls, the staircases, the pillars....... needless to say, it's my favourite subway station

CaiserZero
16th Dec 2009, 02:54
Daybreakers is too another I'd like to see. Real vampires are awesome, and they need to re-claim the limelight.

Bleh, dont care even if its with "Real" vampires, sick of the whole current vampire trend -_-

Now I must find a wolf suit...

O_o; furries?

Robert's face is on the ticket booths, the walls, the staircases, the pillars....... needless to say, it's my favourite subway station

Kowaii... o_o;

Seeing Avatar tomorrow in 3D. Well looking forward to it.

damn youuuuuu, let me know how you like it. gonna see it Saturday =(

AshwinK
16th Dec 2009, 04:10
Bleh, dont care even if its with "Real" vampires, sick of the whole current vampire trend -_-

Well it's hardly a current trend, unless of course you mean since 1994 when Interview With The Vampire encouraged vampires to be a constant throughout of daily lives.

So what movies are everyone looking forward to in the new year? Or... not looking forward to?
For (well, I'll just list the major ones for now):
The Book of Eli, Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, Iron Man 2, Prince of Persia, The Karate Kid (Jackie Chan remake), The Last Airbender, The Expendables.
(Actually there are quite a lot that I didn't put in that list... but then it would be far too long)

Against:
A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake), Robin Hood, Little Fockers, The Green Hornet (seriously, Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler WTF??).

kitty-cato
16th Dec 2009, 06:42
O_o; furries?

Trust someone on an anime forum to think of furries (ew) when they think of wtWTA.
My faith in humanity is lose :(

Nyssa
16th Dec 2009, 11:38

Best. Station. Ever.

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland and Nine (i know technically it's out this year but i won't see it until january). Hurray for Daniel Day-Lewis in a musical! And of course The A-Team.

I'm kinda looking forward to Robin Hood because I love Robin Hood movies.
The Princess and The Frog looks ok.....not too happy about Randy Newman doing the music but it's nice to see Disney going back to what made them good.

Anyone else excited about Kick-Ass?

kitty-cato
16th Dec 2009, 13:34
I'm more excited about Nine. Looks brilliant

MarkMI6
16th Dec 2009, 14:44
I shall report back on Avatar once I has seen this spectacle (2D, because 3D fml) on Fridae.

CaiserZero
16th Dec 2009, 16:31
Well it's hardly a current trend, unless of course you mean since 1994 when Interview With The Vampire encouraged vampires to be a constant throughout of daily lives.

No there is a vampire trend going that has nothing to do with Interview with the vampire. Im talking bout the current trend with the younger generation and with the twilight series that sparked numerous vampire movies and TV shows. Currently the whole vampire thing is "trend" in hollywood right now. besides the twilight movies, there's also Jennifer's Body, The Vampire Diaries (TV series), True blood (another TV series), etc. When its no longer a sub-cultural thing and becomes part of the mainstream then yes its quite a trend.

so when i say im sick of the current vampire trend, i DO mean im sick of the current vampire trend.

Trust someone on an anime forum to think of furries (ew) when they think of wtWTA.
My faith in humanity is lose :(

lol its an otaku forum, it was only a matter of time ;p ::shrugs::

tread_softly
16th Dec 2009, 19:57
Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, Iron Man 2, Prince of Persia

these are the first ones that sprung to mind when i was thinking of films i'm dying to see!

read an Empire article bout Clash of the Titans, looks epic. my love of greek mythology will persuade me to see it no matter what the reviews turn out to be!

kitty-cato
16th Dec 2009, 20:27
lol its an otaku forum, it was only a matter of time ;p ::shrugs::

I suppose I should have been mentally prepared. But no, I just really want this:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb96/Kitty-cato/max.jpg

Oh! And I've applied to be an extra in a new film. Wish me luck!

AshwinK
17th Dec 2009, 00:45
No there is a vampire trend going that has nothing to do with Interview with the vampire. Im talking bout the current trend with the younger generation and with the twilight series that sparked numerous vampire movies and TV shows. Currently the whole vampire thing is "trend" in hollywood right now. besides the twilight movies, there's also Jennifer's Body, The Vampire Diaries (TV series), True blood (another TV series), etc. When its no longer a sub-cultural thing and becomes part of the mainstream then yes its quite a trend.

So two TV shows and a couple of movies make a trend?!
If that is the case then I still fail to see how it would be any different from say about 8 or 9 years ago when we had Buffy, Angel, Blade movies, Underworld movies, and they're just the few of the more popular ones. Like I said... it's been fairly constant.
The only reason most people have an issue with this whole vampire thing is because millions of teenage girls (and women with the minds of teenage girls) come out in droves and now are into "vampires", even though we all know there are no real vampires in Twilight. Twilight is only mainstream because it's a shallow fantasy romance tale for empty women.

these are the first ones that sprung to mind when i was thinking of films i'm dying to see!

read an Empire article bout Clash of the Titans, looks epic. my love of greek mythology will persuade me to see it no matter what the reviews turn out to be!
Aye, I know I'm going to enjoy Clash of the Titans for the same reason. Though I saw the first trailer and I didn't see the little metal owl which was one of many things I loved about the original Clash of the Titans... I know I'll still like it without the owl, but damnit I loved that owl.

tread_softly
17th Dec 2009, 02:16
I didn't see the little metal owl which was one of many things I loved about the original Clash of the Titans... I know I'll still like it without the owl, but damnit I loved that owl.

I have a love-hate relationship with that owl.... From what I've read, the majority of people are delighted he won't be in the remake!

CaiserZero
17th Dec 2009, 03:00
So two TV shows and a couple of movies make a trend?!
If that is the case then I still fail to see how it would be any different from say about 8 or 9 years ago when we had Buffy, Angel, Blade movies, Underworld movies, and they're just the few of the more popular ones. Like I said... it's been fairly constant.
The only reason most people have an issue with this whole vampire thing is because millions of teenage girls (and women with the minds of teenage girls) come out in droves and now are into "vampires", even though we all know there are no real vampires in Twilight. Twilight is only mainstream because it's a shallow fantasy romance tale for empty women.

sure two tv shows and couple movies...

Being Human (2009) (UK TV series)
Bled (2009) (DVD)
The Bleeding (2009)
Blood (2009)
Blood: The Last Vampire (2009)
Bram Stoker's Vampire Diaries Renfield (2009)
Carmilla (2009)
The Coffin (2009)
The Dead Matter (2009)
Dead of Night (2009)
The Death of Alice Blue (2009)
Doomsday County (2009)
The Eternal (2009)
Hello Darkness (2009)
High Midnight (2009)
The Informers (2009)
Kiss of the Vampire (2009) (DVD)
Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009)
Let the Right One In (2009--Italy, France, & UK)
New Moon (2009)
Live Girls (2009)
Patient X (2009)
PCP... A VanGuard Chronicle (2009)
The Revenant (2009)
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead (2009)
Shadowland (2009)
Sodium Babies (2009)
Suck (2009)
The Teeth of the Night (2009)
Thirst (2009)
Transylmania (2009)
True Blood, Season 2 (HBO TV series, June 2009)
Twilight (2009--various countries)
Twilight Watch (2009)
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009)
Valemont (MTV web series) (2009)
The Vampire Diaries (TV series, 2009)
Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (2009)
Vampire in Vegas (2009)
The Vampire's Assistant (formerly Cirque du Freak)(2009)
The Vampires of Bloody Island (2009)

how bout nao? And this is only in 2009. I havent even included all the movies in 2008 and 2010. should i continue? The days of vampire craze from the 90's pale in comparison to the current craze in both popularity and obnoxiousness. The movies you mentioned never made quite the impact as twilight has in the recent years. And im not the one who's calling it a trend, im just using words used by quite a few notable entertainment news companies. Im not sure how prevalent this trend might be where you're at but take it from someone who lives in one of the few cities where entertainment and trends are king.

I suppose I should have been mentally prepared. But no, I just really want this:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb96/Kitty-cato/max.jpg

Oh! And I've applied to be an extra in a new film. Wish me luck!

lol btw i only meant it jokingly and gambatte! ^^

tread_softly
17th Dec 2009, 03:52
So by your logic, a large amount of vampire movies made in one year = a trend?

The majority of the movies/shows you listed are not well known and/or are crap. Just cuz many are made does not a trend make.

For example, I would not consider zombie movies to be in trend this year,the last few years and a decade or two ago yes, but not particularly in 2009. Yet a quick google search revealed this info. All these were zombie movies from 2009. Forgive my lack of capitals, I'm writing this on my iPod and it's gonna take a while!

All you need is brains
Army of the dead
Autumn of the living dead
Bio dead
Blood moon rising
Bong of the dead
The book of zombies
Carriers
The crypt
The living corpse
Dark floors
Dead air
Dead moon rising
Dead past
The dead
Deadlands 2: trapped
Die-net? (get it?)
Dong of the dead
Drive-in horrorshow
The eaters
Evil- in the time of heroes
FVZA: federal vampire and zombie agency
Gallowwalker
Gay of the dead
George A. romero's survival of the dead
Haunting kira
Hell on earth
House if reanimator
Joshua breed
La horde
Mutants
Night of the living dead goes 3D
Paris by night of the living dead
Plan 9
Pontypool
Rec 2
The revenant
Rising up: the story of the zombie rights movement
Romeo & Juliet vs the living dead
Silent night, zombie night
Stone's war
They shall pay with rivers of blood
Tormented
Uniform sabaigaru
Woke up dead
Worst case scenario
Xombie
ZMD: zombies of mass destruction
Zombie allegiance
Zombieland
Zombies of the night
Zombie reanimation
Zombie women of Satan
Zone of the dead

As you can see, many if those sound (and indeed are) shite movies. Guarantee you haven't heard of the majority if them, as I haven't. Zombie movies certainly aren't in trend this year, yet according to your theory, that list proves otherwise ;p

You also have to realise that tv shows and films particularly, involve a lot of pre-production, so it could be argued that it's just coincidence that the examples you listed were released the same year.

I agree with you that twilight seems to have taken over the world, but not vampire movies/shows in general :awesome:

kitty-cato
17th Dec 2009, 06:37
lol btw i only meant it jokingly and gambatte! ^^

Oh I was joking myself ;D
Don't worryXD

CaiserZero
17th Dec 2009, 14:50
So by your logic, a large amount of vampire movies made in one year = a trend?

The majority of the movies/shows you listed are not well known and/or are crap. Just cuz many are made does not a trend make.

im honestly a lil bored and sick of this whole argument anymore but you did kinda ignored what i said bout a few notable news companies calling it a trend. If you want examples how bout the LA times? im sure you guys might know that name right? its only like... one of the most famous newspapers out there. or what bout TRENDhunter magazine?

EDIT:
Prolly should've clarified this earlier but when i said "trend" this is in reference to my cultural background and where im from.

heres a link (http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/la-times-featuring-trend-hunter-tv-link)
there's also a vid. enjoy.

Oh I was joking myself ;D
Don't worryXD

;p

AshwinK
17th Dec 2009, 15:42

so when i say im sick of the current vampire trend, i DO mean im sick of the current vampire trend.

how bout nao? And this is only in 2009. I havent even included all the movies in 2008 and 2010. should i continue? The days of vampire craze from the 90's pale in comparison to the current craze in both popularity and obnoxiousness. The movies you mentioned never made quite the impact as twilight has in the recent years. And im not the one who's calling it a trend, im just using words used by quite a few notable entertainment news companies. Im not sure how prevalent this trend might be where you're at but take it from someone who lives in one of the few cities where entertainment and trends are king.

im honestly a lil bored and sick of this whole argument anymore but you did kinda ignored what i said bout a few notable news companies calling it a trend. If you want examples how bout the LA times? im sure you guys might know that name right? its only like... one of the most famous newspapers out there. or what bout TRENDhunter magazine?

heres a link (http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/la-times-featuring-trend-hunter-tv-link)

Are you kidding me?!
Before you said anything about other new companies calling this a trend and not yourself, you yourself called it a trend SIX times. You can't just change your stance halfway through an argument, it makes you look silly. Actually I believe there is an internet rule that voids your argument for similar reasons (similar to Godwin's Law).

I do agree though, it's not a trend. I still insist vampires have been around pretty much constantly for decades, it may be at a peak right now, but again that's not a trend. Also, everything tread_softly said.

CaiserZero
17th Dec 2009, 15:58
Are you kidding me?!
Before you said anything about other new companies calling this a trend and not yourself, you yourself called it a trend SIX times. You can't just change your stance halfway through an argument, it makes you look silly. Actually I believe there is an internet rule that voids your argument for similar reasons (similar to Godwin's Law).

I do agree though, it's not a trend. I still insist vampires have been around pretty much constantly for decades, it may be at a peak right now, but again that's not a trend. Also, everything tread_softly said.

I didnt change my stance. im still calling it a trend, i said it 6 times and im still saying it now. its a trend. I was merely using the article as PROOF that its a trend. btw if you noticed the publication dates article i linked, it was written before I ever posted on here. Its been published for a while and the whole idea i got from calling Vampires a current trend was from the companies because IT IS a trend. It may not be so in Ireland but it certainly is where I live.

look im tired of arguing this pointless argument just for the sake of argument.
whether you guys want to believe it or not i simply no longer care. believe what you want to believe.

that and its starting to become horribly out of topic. It has moved beyond a discussion of movies to a discussion of culture.

has anyone seen avatar yet? Getting mixed reviews but its getting 84% on rotten tomatoes. Would like a more personal review of the movie.

kitty-cato
17th Dec 2009, 20:18
Haven't seen Avatar yet. Due to shitty preview times, we're going to see it on the 23rd after my birthday dinner. Still looking forward to it :awesome:

Hopefully going to see St Trinian's 2 on Monday

tread_softly
17th Dec 2009, 22:57
It may not be so in Ireland but it certainly is where I live.

i've been living in toronto for nearly a month now and will be staying in the states for another month so i will keep an eye out for the vampires ;)

that and its starting to become horribly out of topic. It has moved beyond a discussion of movies to a discussion of culture.

but culture is one of the biggest influences of the film industry :confused:

anyway, i'll drop it, none of us are going to change our opinions on the subject no matter what is argued.

first thing i'm going to do when we hit boston is find the nearest IMAX for my avatar viewing pleasure :awesome:

kitty-cato
18th Dec 2009, 17:56
whooooooooooooop
I might be an extra in an upcoming film in the new year :awesome:

Jayse
19th Dec 2009, 00:21
I just saw avatar.

If you arent going to see this in 3D dont bother, since it wont do the film justice. Visually it was the best film I've ever seen. Still cant get over how pretty it was.

Also I want one of these for myself
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn32/dragon538/AVATAR-2.jpg?t=1261181624

CaiserZero
20th Dec 2009, 04:02
whooooooooooooop
I might be an extra in an upcoming film in the new year :awesome:

grats grats ^^ which film might it be?

i've been living in toronto for nearly a month now and will be staying in the states for another month so i will keep an eye out for the vampires ;)

but culture is one of the biggest influences of the film industry :confused:

anyway, i'll drop it, none of us are going to change our opinions on the subject no matter what is argued.

first thing i'm going to do when we hit boston is find the nearest IMAX for my avatar viewing pleasure :awesome:

lol you're def not gonna find vampires wandering round. I take it by your later statement that you're gonna be in boston? ewww boston... lol hf ^^

culture is one of the biggest influences of the film industry but the film industry also influences the culture and helps spread it. but that wasnt what i was refering to. Rather I mentioned the whole vampires being a media trend thing in relation to US culture while some of you might not think so due to Ireland culture or Canadian, British, etc. I've been asking friends and people at work if they thought that Vampires is a current media trend and they're responses were similar if not sarcastic remarks of obviousness (not even sure if this is a real word lol). which brings me to your next point which i do agree with, none of us are gonna change our view points on the subject matter.

have fun seeing Avatar on imax ^^

I just saw avatar.

If you arent going to see this in 3D dont bother, since it wont do the film justice. Visually it was the best film I've ever seen. Still cant get over how pretty it was.

Got back from seeing Avatar tonight myself and I have to agree with you. It was a very visually stunning film. I give it a 8.8 out of 10. Good music (not epic but good enough), once again visually stunning (the colors in the film were so vibrant for Pandora's environment and creatres), good use of CG, good acting, and good directing. Not saying this is a film that might win Academy awards but its def a fun film to watch.
tho I must disagree bout seeing it in 3D. Saw it in 3D and I dont think it would've been too different or too much of a hindrance in 3D. I found it very enjoyable actually in 3D. It was kinda kool at certain scenes and where certain things popped out at you. IMO I dont think it being in 3D would make or break the film but I thought it was a nice feature.
Gotta see it in IMAX next ^^

kitty-cato
20th Dec 2009, 10:14
grats grats ^^ which film might it be?

Killing Bono.
That fella who played Dorian gray is starring, I think. But I just want to be the third elbow from the left :3

hangfire
20th Dec 2009, 16:06
tho I must disagree bout seeing it in 3D. Saw it in 3D and I dont think it would've been too different or too much of a hindrance in 3D. I found it very enjoyable actually in 3D. It was kinda kool at certain scenes and where certain things popped out at you. IMO I dont think it being in 3D would make or break the film but I thought it was a nice feature.
Gotta see it in IMAX next ^^

It was shot using groundbreaking new 3D cameras. The 3D element is a crucial aspect of this films production.

The story's not up to much (if you have ever seen/heard of Pocahontas), but everything else about the film is fantastic; the CG is incredibly believable; the whole atmosphere of the planet is an amazing achievement.

CaiserZero
21st Dec 2009, 01:32
Killing Bono.
That fella who played Dorian gray is starring, I think. But I just want to be the third elbow from the left :3

lol third elbow FTW XD

It was shot using groundbreaking new 3D cameras. The 3D element is a crucial aspect of this films production.

The story's not up to much (if you have ever seen/heard of Pocahontas), but everything else about the film is fantastic; the CG is incredibly believable; the whole atmosphere of the planet is an amazing achievement.

yea... i didnt want to mention anything bout the story line since its spoilers but...
the movie's story line is very cliche and has been used quite a few times. another movie that comes to mind is also Dances with Wolves.

Jayse
21st Dec 2009, 13:04
I can completely excuse the story when blue women with tails look that good.

MrMisfortune
21st Dec 2009, 13:26
I can completely excuse the story when blue women with tails look that good.

*Cough* Theyre among us *cough cough* :twisted:

Has Anyone else seen that bare-knuckle boxing match in Sherlock Holmes movie, and REALLY want to go see it.

MarkMI6
21st Dec 2009, 15:40
Where the Wild Things Are is an exceptionally strange film, and I'm confused as to what it's about. Any insight appreciated?!

Damn furries...

kitty-cato
21st Dec 2009, 17:46
Where the Wild Things Are is an exceptionally strange film, and I'm confused as to what it's about. Any insight appreciated?!

Damn furries...

None of you are invited to my house if you're going to think sexual things about my pets.

CaiserZero
22nd Dec 2009, 06:55

i think its one of those films that makes sense when wasted or stoned =p

None of you are invited to my house if you're going to think sexual things about my pets.

lol no one wants to think sexual things bout your pets XD

kitty-cato
22nd Dec 2009, 10:40

lol no one wants to think sexual things bout your pets XD

They have fur. That might set some people off :B

MarkMI6
22nd Dec 2009, 10:55
It would around here, y'know.

Hm, I'll wait for the DVD release so.

kitty-cato
22nd Dec 2009, 10:58
It would around here, y'know.

Hm, I'll wait for the DVD release so.

Wild Things? Stoner movie?
Whaaaaat?????

MarkMI6
22nd Dec 2009, 11:01
Well, I was quite sober and it made no sense to me, CaiserZero's theory is my next plan of action :3

kitty-cato
22nd Dec 2009, 11:15
Well, g'luck with that :awesome:

Shinji170981
22nd Dec 2009, 11:38
I will go to Avatar tomorrow evening.
Cineworld will be the cinema of choice.
8pm
If anyone wants to tag along, lets meet inside of cineworld around 7:30, because no one wants to stand in the freezing cold.
gonna watch it in 2D, because a friend of mine is coming along and he cant see 3D.

Thurandul
22nd Dec 2009, 12:02
I was meant to go to the cineama yesterday
but we changed our minds at the last minute, when we realized there was nothing we wanted to see.
Sure there was avatar but it was only 2-D.
I don't respect things with only 2 dimensions. =_=

AshwinK
22nd Dec 2009, 14:10
They have fur. That might set some people off :B
Isn't Avatar about a forest full of furries?

Shinji170981
22nd Dec 2009, 14:13
I am not sure, but they look to me more like people from the ocean, because they have gills, if i saw that right.

kitty-cato
22nd Dec 2009, 15:02
Isn't Avatar about a forest full of furries?

Don't furries require fur?

AshwinK
22nd Dec 2009, 15:09
Don't furries require fur?
I have no idea. I thought they just had to look like animals.

Jayse
22nd Dec 2009, 15:50

Then perhaps a forum about anime wasn't the best choice?

CyRevenant
22nd Dec 2009, 16:31
I was meant to go to the cineama yesterday
but we changed our minds at the last minute, when we realized there was nothing we wanted to see.
Sure there was avatar but it was only 2-D.

They just have no depth to them.

Shinji170981
23rd Dec 2009, 17:48
Might not go to avatar today.
Work Colleague is leaving, so we gonna drink a few beers.
Dunno how long, but if i am not at the cinema at 7:45, i wont be coming today, so if someone is coming, dont wait for me in this case.

hangfire
23rd Dec 2009, 18:10
Am I alone in thinking that the Na'vi weren't overly sexualised? (and glad for it)

tread_softly
23rd Dec 2009, 23:57
Going to see avatar in 3D in lowes theatre in Boston in two hours, excited!

tread_softly
24th Dec 2009, 05:58
Back from the movie, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes, it was predictable, but I liked the story nonetheless. The visuals, of course, were stunning, the 3D was incredible!

kitty-cato
24th Dec 2009, 12:40
Saw Avatar last night. Amazing film.
The 3D was very subtle, but visually the best movie Ive ever seen. And tha Na'vi! So beautiful! <3
Its a rather empowering 160 minutes.

CaiserZero
28th Dec 2009, 05:03
The 3D was very subtle, but visually the best movie Ive ever seen. And tha Na'vi! So beautiful! <3

did you actually see it in 3D with the 3D glasses?

kitty-cato
28th Dec 2009, 11:32
did you actually see it in 3D with the 3D glasses?

Yup. I wouldn't be very bright if I watched it without glasses.

themonboys
29th Dec 2009, 14:54

I don't know if my backside could handle that:-D:)

kitty-cato
29th Dec 2009, 15:39
I don't know if my backside could handle that:-D:)

Oh, you'll pretty much lose all sensation in your ass. Worth it though.

tread_softly
30th Dec 2009, 02:21
I didn't even feel the time go by for it! Couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch when it finished

kitty-cato
30th Dec 2009, 10:45
Same! I don't think I've ever left the cinema at 11pm. 2am yes, but not 11

hangfire
31st Dec 2009, 14:45
Sherlock Holmes was one of those movies where all the bits worth seeing were in the trailer.

Should have gone to see Avatar again instead :(

kitty-cato
31st Dec 2009, 15:51
I went to see it again last night :awesome:

tread_softly
31st Dec 2009, 18:05
Sherlock Holmes was one of those movies where all the bits worth seeing were in the trailer.

Should have gone to see Avatar again instead :(

Boooo, was looking forward to seeing it :(

Still going to, over 2 hours of watching Robert will help override anything bad

hangfire
31st Dec 2009, 18:18
Boooo, was looking forward to seeing it :(

Still going to, over 2 hours of watching Robert will help override anything bad

It just made me want to watch Iron Man again (or the second one)

tread_softly
31st Dec 2009, 19:08
It just made me want to watch Iron Man again (or the second one)

You just have to wait til the end of may so :D

Zen 2nd
31st Dec 2009, 19:53
Its the end of April for us in Ireland for Iron Man 2 :D

tread_softly
31st Dec 2009, 19:59
Grrrrrrr! That's what I meant to say, cuz it's the start of may when I get to see it!

Nyssa
5th Jan 2010, 11:32
Went to see Nowhere Boy last night, was enjoyable.

BUT before the movie there was this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKfZrbS79To

and for a minute I thought they had made fallout into a movie

Shinji170981
5th Jan 2010, 14:24
Interesting

hecate
5th Jan 2010, 14:32

So what movies are everyone looking forward to in the new year? Or... not looking forward to?
For (well, I'll just list the major ones for now):
The Book of Eli, Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans, Iron Man 2, Prince of Persia, The Karate Kid (Jackie Chan remake), The Last Airbender, The Expendables.
(Actually there are quite a lot that I didn't put in that list... but then it would be far too long)

Against:
A Nightmare on Elm Street (remake), Robin Hood, Little Fockers, The Green Hornet (seriously, Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler WTF??).

The Expendables sounds awesome on paper, you've got Sylvester Stallone directing and starring, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren (!!!!!), Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis and even Arnie has a cameo. Should these people even be allowed together in the one film?

Other films in 2010 that are worth looking out for:

* The Road - If you want your post-apocalyptic fix I'd recommend this over the Book of Eli.

i4aNZGniOG4

* Black Swan - More Darren Aronofsky insanity.

* The Social Network - Facebook the movie!

* Inception

RSyQ3K0xnYg

* Machete - Just like the onion story, a trailer is to be made into a full-length movie. Based on one of the fake trailers/ads that was shown during the Grindhouse "intermission":

R10ljA0-sHs

* Kick Ass

AT297PiDWFk

* Space Battleship Yamato - And something anime-related. A live action version of the 70s sci-fi epic. Okay, we're not likely to see this in cinemas here, but still...

YBu1cZm4Gqg

Nyssa
5th Jan 2010, 17:31
Machete is getting his own movie?! I thought that was just a dream i had....

Yes I read The Road a few months back, looking forward to that.

tread_softly
5th Jan 2010, 18:29
Keep seeing trailers for Clash of the Titans and coming close to orgasm every time. And no, not cuz of liam neeson's portrayal of Zeus

AshwinK
5th Jan 2010, 19:20
Keep seeing trailers for Clash of the Titans and coming close to orgasm every time. And no, not cuz of liam neeson's portrayal of Zeus

Don't lie.

Maybe I will update my list... this year is looking quite good, not that I'll have time to go to the cinema.

tread_softly
5th Jan 2010, 23:53
Ah surely you could spare a few hours for the cinema!

I'm getting all horny bout Clash of the Titans cuz it makes use of my Greek mythology knowledge :eng101:

For example, did you know that when Perseus chopped off medusa's head, Pegasus and his brother were born from her blood? Gross >.<

AshwinK
6th Jan 2010, 01:45
For example, did you know that when Perseus chopped off medusa's head, Pegasus and his brother were born from her blood? Gross >.<
Yes, I did know that.

Actually I'm going to see Sherlock Holmes tomorrow (I'm pretty happy about that) in the Swan Cinema in Rathmines. Apparently they only have 4 screens and my sister says they're pretty steep.

tread_softly
6th Jan 2010, 02:48
Ah, RDJ on the big screen :flashfap:

MarkMI6
6th Jan 2010, 10:41
Apparently they only have 4 screens and my sister says they're pretty steep.

Steep, howso? The tickets are well cheap, less than €8, although I haven't gone yet. They were showing The Godfather a few weeks ago :D

AshwinK
6th Jan 2010, 13:27
Steep, howso? The tickets are well cheap, less than €8, although I haven't gone yet. They were showing The Godfather a few weeks ago :D
I meant the seats, though I'll find out for myself tonight. Really, it cost me €10? But I am going to the last showing so that probably explains that.
I think they plan to have a number of movie "festivals" like what they did with The Godfather trilogy (which is still playing if I'm not mistaken).

I'm with you there, Fiona, though not in a fapping-way, just a damn he's cool sorta way.

MarkMI6
6th Jan 2010, 18:54
Oh poo, they changed the pricing structure. The site said €7 previously, I guess that was before it opened :/

tread_softly
6th Jan 2010, 23:20
Indeed ashwin, that man has magnetism :awesome:

Went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art today, solely for the Rocky steps. The 2 lads ran up it, my mate tri and I slowly puffed our way up

AshwinK
7th Jan 2010, 02:20
Indeed ashwin, that man has magnetism :awesome:

Went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art today, solely for the Rocky steps. The 2 lads ran up it, my mate tri and I slowly puffed our way up

Someday that'll be me. I periodically have Rocky marathons. I really hope the Swan Cinemas have a Rocky festival.

Butterscotch
19th Jan 2010, 00:18
Myself and Hybridchild went to see Avatar over the weekend. I thought the effects were amazing and it was good watching it in 3-d but the storyline has been done many times before. The film really reminded me of this http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0104254/ and of course Monoke hime and other Myizaki films. Still I really enjoyed it but I don't know if I would be pushed to see it again.

Giving it is talked about all over the internet what are peoples' views on it here.

Sera
19th Jan 2010, 00:24
Myself and Hybridchild went to see Avatar over the weekend. I thought the effects were amazing and it was good watching it in 3-d but the storyline has been done many times before. The film really reminded me of this http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0104254/ and of course Monoke hime and other Myizaki films. Still I really enjoyed it but I don't know if I would be pushed to see it again.

Giving it is talked about all over the internet what are peoples' views on it here.
Me and my friend thought it was more like Pocahontas, but it is like Ferngully too. Definately could have lost 30 minutes off and the main bad guy looks like the villain in Small Soilders so I can't take him seriously

Butterscotch
19th Jan 2010, 00:28
Me and my friend thought it was more like Pocahontas, but it is like Ferngully too. Definately could have lost 30 minutes off and the main bad guy looks like the villain in Small Soilders so I can't take him seriously

Yeah it reminded me abit of Pocahontas, the romance. I found it predictable, too long and agree the villain did look kinda silly like someone from a cartoon, but maybe that was the idea..

Nyssa
19th Jan 2010, 10:45
I'm a bit in love with that villain. He was a machine, even when he was on fire he just kept going! I loved it, yea the story was a bit predictable but every plot has been pretty much done at this stage. I think I just loved the special effects, they were amazing. Haven't been so amazed by a film's special effects since Lord of the Rings and I think they were done by the same company. Or they were at least involved somehow.

AshwinK
20th Jan 2010, 09:06
Meant to post this earlier (I'm sure a lot of you've seen it already anyway):

The A-Team Movie Trailer:
z93AADd2Dpo

I'm looking forward to it. If one of their enemies manages to take a bullet I'll be very pleased.

hangfire
20th Jan 2010, 12:21
Meant to post this earlier (I'm sure a lot of you've seen it already anyway):

The A-Team Movie Trailer:

I'm looking forward to it. If one of their enemies manages to take a bullet I'll be very pleased.

I never watched much A-Team as a kid (somehow, I'm not quite sure how it happened), so I wasn't looking forward to this much. Now I am. :)

CyRevenant
20th Jan 2010, 15:43
Liam Neeson is a chameleon! Almost identical to the original Hannibal.

Jayse
20th Jan 2010, 16:13
AshwinK This has made me very very happy indeed.

Also has anyone seen Daybreakers yet? Nobody I know has seen it and I dunno if its worth paying to go see =/

MarkMI6
20th Jan 2010, 16:48
Also has anyone seen Daybreakers yet? Nobody I know has seen it and I dunno if its worth paying to go see =/

I've been told it's a bit on the shite side, although I don't even know what it's about so...

CyRevenant
20th Jan 2010, 23:25
Reviews I read made it sound amazing. :/

Nyssa
21st Jan 2010, 11:05
I have been burned by reviews before. I do not trust them anymore.

MarkMI6
21st Jan 2010, 11:35

Stop lighting the pages on fire then.

CyRevenant
21st Jan 2010, 12:13
Reviews are just opinions. Sometimes stated eloquently. By people who watch far too many movies and know what they like.

The trick is to find a reviewer who has a similar sense of taste to your own.

The second, more cunning trick, is to know when reading a review, what impression the film might give you. Like reading a review of a film that was awarded 5 stars, but knowing from his impression that you probably won't like it. Or conversely a review that was awarded two stars, and realising that it's going to be awesome.

Nyssa
21st Jan 2010, 12:48
Reviews often ruin films for me because they have spoilers and such. And I remember The Irish Times' review of The Dark Knight was just wrong.

CyRevenant
21st Jan 2010, 12:52
Opinions can't be wrong.

Nyssa
21st Jan 2010, 13:05
No I mean they actually made a mistake when talking about the plot, it was like they hadnt actually seen the film.

hangfire
21st Jan 2010, 15:32
Opinions can't be wrong.

Racist.

CyRevenant
21st Jan 2010, 22:52
Racist.
Bwah. D:

tread_softly
25th Jan 2010, 11:04
Daybreakers = meh

Very interesting concept, wasn't handled as well as it could have been. Lots of unnecessary gore, with one slow mo scene in particular being completely laughable!

I wouldn't go see it in the cinema, but watch it when it's released on DVD.

Sherlock holmes on the other hand....:flashfap:

Now just have to wait for Alice in Wonderland, Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia

Nyssa
25th Jan 2010, 12:46
I really want to see Sherlock Holmes but none of my friends are interested....one thought I was talking about Indiana Jones.

I'm really excited about Clash of the Titans! Titans. Will. Clash.

tread_softly
25th Jan 2010, 17:53
I wasn't expecting much from Sherlock Holmes, I only went to see it cuz of Robert :pervert:

But I was pleasantly surprised! And it's wide open for a sequel too, so even if you don't see the first one in the cinema, drag your mates to see the second!

cade
26th Jan 2010, 13:04
I went to see The Book of Eli last night and wow what a great movie, I can definitely see why everyone was relating the trailer to Fallout 3. They got the balance of lighting just right as well to portray the blinding light of the environment without it actually being too bright for the audience, a mistake that was made in Pitch Black, much to the paining of my poor pupils.

Anyways I've been way out of touch in this whole cinema going thing since seeing Gi~Joe before starting back in college.

Nyssa
26th Jan 2010, 17:02
"In April 2009, Bethesda Softworks trademarked the Fallout brand for both "entertainment services in the nature of an on-going television program" and also "motion picture films about a post-nuclear apocalyptic world".

Perhaps we shall see a fallout movie after all.

If they did it i would LOVE if the vault-dweller was female.

TheChrisD
26th Jan 2010, 17:17
Perhaps we shall see a fallout movie after all.

All I will say is, if it doesn't contain a Fat Man, it's not a fallout movie.

Nyssa
26th Jan 2010, 17:22
Oh. My. God. I hadn't fully realised the potential of a fallout movie. It would really have to be a television series ideally.

I'm quite excited about The Wolfman.

hecate
14th Feb 2010, 21:00
We watched the highly underrated Streets of Fire last night:

oJGo2rvfSuA

It was a lot like an extended Bruce Springsteen video - indeed one his songs provided the title. As such, it's one of the most 80s-style films I've ever seen - but there are elements of the 50s, 60s and 70s.

The music, mostly by Ry Cooder, is fantastic. It spawned a couple of hits, including one some people might remember:

eujYJRpc5Vs

kazuya316
15th Feb 2010, 15:36
Last night, Teri and I finally decided to see Avatar, and I was impressed. I knew it'd be visually spectacular, but it was also a great movie too!

Daito
26th Mar 2010, 14:02
I have been waiting for this trailer for so long and it looks like it was worth it :flashfap:

57saocQSQDo

hmmmm doesn't seem to be working, thought I did everything right?
Oh well
here it is.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/scottpilgrimvstheworld/

MODEDIT: Fixed your Post, <3, CyRevenant

hangfire
26th Mar 2010, 23:47
We watched the highly underrated Streets of Fire last night:

I have been waiting for this trailer for so long and it looks like it was worth it :flashfap:

Holy awesome looking movies, batman!

kitty-cato
29th Mar 2010, 10:57
Daaaaw, I love Blindside. Watched it on the plane along with New Moon. Yeah... Didn't like new moon as much.

hecate
30th Mar 2010, 12:21
I've been watching some old kung-fu movies recently, The Mystery of Chess Boxing (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199813/) stands out as one of the weirdest:

Ub6U2RHxJnU

tread_softly
31st Mar 2010, 12:02
I keep seeing trailers for Clash of the Titans and wanting it more and more!

Got my lovely movie poster of the original in an issue of Empire :D

Fecking Bubo is on it tho....

hangfire
1st Apr 2010, 18:56
Bubo

Is that the mechanical owl? Surely that's the best part of the film!

Inner Vessel
1st Apr 2010, 21:20
I've been watching some old kung-fu movies recently, The Mystery of Chess Boxing (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199813/) stands out as one of the weirdest:

Ub6U2RHxJnU

I loved some of the old seventies Kung fu movies. Bruce's stuff was by far and away the best imo. You should check out the one armed boxer and it's sequal,master of the flying guillotine.

tread_softly
5th Apr 2010, 09:05
Is that the mechanical owl? Surely that's the best part of the film!

That's him alright...

Saw the new one in 3D yesterday, Bubo made a cameo in it!

Wasn't that impressed with the new one. FX are awesome obv, but it felt rushed somehow. Loved Ralph Fiennes tho :awesome:

^.^Hammy
5th Apr 2010, 14:47
Blind side is actually good :O

:) Nice story even if the acting is terrible :P

MarkMI6
5th Apr 2010, 15:18
Kickass is *amazing* It's about ten levels of fucked up, but damn is it ever great fucked up. Arts students the world over are having a fapping frenzy at the essay material contained within.

Nyssa
6th Apr 2010, 09:33
Anyone who has seen Kick Ass should read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-1262948/Kick-Ass-Dont-fooled-hype--This-crime-cinema-twisted-cynical-revels-abuse-childhood.html

Really wait until you see it to read this, it's hilarious.

Kick Ass is amazing, but was almost overshadowed by the trailer for the A-Team.

"This Summer there is no Plan B!"

kitty-cato
6th Apr 2010, 10:20
Blind side is actually good :O

:) Nice story even if the acting is terrible :P

I thought the acting was great. :P

MarkMI6
6th Apr 2010, 14:27
Anyone who has seen Kick Ass should read this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-1262948/Kick-Ass-Dont-fooled-hype--This-crime-cinema-twisted-cynical-revels-abuse-childhood.html

Really wait until you see it to read this, it's hilarious.

Goddamn I love the Daily Mail. That's their best review in years.

^.^Hammy
6th Apr 2010, 15:54
Kickass is *amazing* It's about ten levels of fucked up, but damn is it ever great fucked up. Arts students the world over are having a fapping frenzy at the essay material contained within.

:flashfap: IT.IS.EPIC

Uber fucked up but yet its sooo cute xD
I didn't want it to end

Nyssa
8th Apr 2010, 14:07
Shutter Island is amazing.

That is all.

Unnamed Giant Catfish
9th Apr 2010, 03:03
Kick Ass was a bit odd. I'm not sure what to make of it. I think the point that it was meant to be fucked up wasn't driven in enough. I can kind of see why some people would take issue with it, given how many other violence glorifying action movies there are out there.

It was more of a revenge fantasy type dealie like The Crow. Should have been marketed a bit more like that. It was a slightly uncomfortable attempt to mesh superheroes and gritty grimdark gangsta violence. But somehow still managed to be a good movie.

Lance
9th Apr 2010, 03:53
Kick Ass was a bit odd. I'm not sure what to make of it. I think the point that it was meant to be fucked up wasn't driven in enough. I can kind of see why some people would take issue with it, given how many other violence glorifying action movies there are out there.

It was more of a revenge fantasy type dealie like The Crow. Should have been marketed a bit more like that. It was a slightly uncomfortable attempt to mesh superheroes and gritty grimdark gangsta violence. But somehow still managed to be a good movie.

It was more about what happens if your average joe puts on a mask and fights crime. Just happens that they have to use violence to beat the bad guys. The bad guys happen to be gangsters. Sometimes violence is the only option. Reason and diplomacy don't always work.

Unnamed Giant Catfish
9th Apr 2010, 04:46
It was more about what happens if your average joe puts on a mask and fights crime. Just happens that they have to use violence to beat the bad guys. The bad guys happen to be gangsters. Sometimes violence is the only option. Reason and diplomacy don't always work.

I dunno, I don't think they really drove that point in either.

Also a lot of the time reason and diplomacy do work, there's kind of three levels of naivety, "Let's give them flowers, they're bound to love that" -> "Fuck that shit, they can't be reasoned with. Let's kick their asses." -> "Apprently kicking their asses causes some kind of cycle of violent that's troublesome for everyone. We may have to reassess".

A lot of the time the violence between pawns is almost for show while the "diplomacy" happens elsewhere. That's the way a lot of wars are fought. I kind of found Turn A Gundam interesting for the way it depicted war.

Lance
9th Apr 2010, 04:59
I dunno, I don't think they really drove that point in either.

Also a lot of the time reason and diplomacy do work, there's kind of three levels of naivety, "Let's give them flowers, they're bound to love that" -> "Fuck that shit, they can't be reasoned with. Let's kick their asses." -> "Apprently kicking their asses causes some kind of cycle of violent that's troublesome for everyone. We may have to reassess".

A lot of the time the violence between pawns is almost for show while the "diplomacy" happens elsewhere. That's the way a lot of wars are fought. I kind of found Turn A Gundam interesting for the way it depicted war.

I agree. I still liked the movie. Was interesting and pretty awesome. Great fight scenes and enough plot to string them together.

kitty-cato
9th Apr 2010, 11:41
Dunno if I want to see Kickass. Violent movies don't get on with me.

cherryghost
10th Apr 2010, 00:19
Shutter Island = Utter Shiteland :eng101:

MarkMI6
12th Apr 2010, 10:50
Shutter Island = Utter Shiteland :eng101:

Ho ho ho, the pun is killing me :awesome: No seriously it's killing me ;_;

I'm still undecided as to whether I should go see Alice in Wonderland. It doesn't look that good imo, but really the cinema is the only place to see it :/

kitty-cato
12th Apr 2010, 11:20
I'm still undecided as to whether I should go see Alice in Wonderland. It doesn't look that good imo, but really the cinema is the only place to see it :/

It's pretty rubbish.

MarkMI6
12th Apr 2010, 11:22
It's pretty rubbish.

A harsh statement, yet one I'm thinking I'd agree with. It just didn't look good to me ;_; I think it's the 3D of it. I'm not mad on 3D.

cherryghost
12th Apr 2010, 12:00
A harsh statement, yet one I'm thinking I'd agree with. It just didn't look good to me ;_; I think it's the 3D of it. I'm not mad on 3D.

theres a simple way to define it

if you're a Tim Burton fan, prepare to be disappointed.

however if you're not, and just a keen moviegoer, then its above average, and quite enjoyable in some of it

kitty-cato
12th Apr 2010, 12:49

Not -that- harsh; I heard worse from the more avid Lewis fans but I'm the type who sees novels and film remakes as completely seperate things not to be compared.
Regardless, pretty rubbish. I was led to believe Noah 'God' Taylor was voicing the March Hare, which he wasn't! Gutted.

hangfire
12th Apr 2010, 16:02
Holy God, I'm just after watching Fantastic Mr. Fox.

It's not a film version of the Roald Dahl book, it's a Wes Anderon (Royal Tenenbaums) movie made for adults who loved Roald Dahl as a child.

Fantastic. I laughed the whole way through. Clooney is _perfect_

kitty-cato
12th Apr 2010, 18:07

It's not a film version of the Roald Dahl book, it's a Wes Anderon (Royal Tenenbaums) movie made for adults who loved Roald Dahl as a child.

Is that the stop/start one? Really want to watch it.

hangfire
12th Apr 2010, 19:12
Is that the stop/start one? Really want to watch it.

Yeah, it's stop motion

kitty-cato
12th Apr 2010, 20:56
Yeah, it's stop motion

Meh, everyone I know tend to refer to it as stop/start. Same thing.

tread_softly
13th Apr 2010, 01:15

Brilliant movie.

I really loved the book as a child so I was hoping the movie adaptation would do it justice. I was not disappointed. Although, I seem to adore anything Anderson puts his hand to :awesome:

CyRevenant
13th Apr 2010, 01:24
Meh, everyone I know tend to refer to it as stop/start. Same thing.

Everyone you know is wrong. Adapt to our way of speaking.
:eng101:

kitty-cato
13th Apr 2010, 06:39
Everyone you know is wrong. Adapt to our way of speaking.
:eng101:

Oh god no.
One of the main reasons I don't go down south very often: I hate how you people speak.

Nyssa
13th Apr 2010, 12:22

Ah it's face meltingly good!

CyRevenant
13th Apr 2010, 12:38
Oh god no.
One of the main reasons I don't go down south very often: I hate how you people speak.
I've always felt my accent was somewhat unique.

At least, I'm told I don't have a Cavan accent and I know I don't have a Dublin accent.

Denzin
13th Apr 2010, 14:35
actually, its sort of Dundalkesque... i think its the th = d thing though.
mine is only distinct when drunk. lucky me.

kitty-cato
20th Apr 2010, 21:43
Pretty much loved How to train your Dragon. :)

^.^Hammy
20th Apr 2010, 22:45
Pretty much loved How to train your Dragon. :)
Same here. Saw it today after school but me and my friend were kinda surprised at the ending as it's.. well aimed at kids :P

Very good

kitty-cato
21st Apr 2010, 06:33
Same here. Saw it today after school but me and my friend were kinda surprised at the ending as it's.. well aimed at kids :P

Very good

The end caught me off guard too, but definately in a good way. Nice to see an ending that isn't all sunshine and lollipops :)

hecate
21st Apr 2010, 11:24
At the weekend a saw a fantastic piece of cinema called The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086856/) (to give it it's full title).

What was going on in this film? Who knows?

Plot? Feh! It needs not such things. All you need to know is that the main character is a test pilot/secret agent who dabbles in neurosurgery and plays in a jazz band. There are also some intergalactic criminals that are trying to release their comrades from a prison in the 8th dimension - and one of them is played by Christopher Lloyd.

And of course, the end credits:

3WzB1Rtr7Q0

Dahtac
21st Apr 2010, 12:02
Heard about this from some friends during the week. Would be interesting if I could get my hands on a copy

tread_softly
30th Apr 2010, 17:37
Saw Iron Man 2 today.

I normally go into sequels very wary, but I was pleasantly surprised by this offering.

Then again, it could just be Robert clouding my vision.

That and Mickey's fab Russian accent.

And Sam Rockwell (who doesn't love Guy in Galaxy Quest!?)

And Scarlett's rack, nice addition!!!

CyRevenant
30th Apr 2010, 23:13
Saw it yesterday.

Was amazing. :D

tread_softly
1st May 2010, 04:17
Rhodey in Iron Man 2 > Rhodey in Iron Man 1.

Thought the change of actors wouldn't work, but Don Cheadle was brilliant

AshwinK
1st May 2010, 11:02
I am very pleased with Iron Man 2. You know the whole thing about only 1 in 10 sequels are good... well Iron Man 2 definitely is that 1.

It's odd, the only movies I can watch Gwyneth Paltrow in is the Iron Man movies, otherwise I can't stand her. And I totally agree with you Fi, Don Cheadle was great.

tread_softly
4th May 2010, 09:03
It's odd, the only movies I can watch Gwyneth Paltrow in is the Iron Man movies, otherwise I can't stand her..

Too true.

She's a strange fish, that Gwyneth.

Next on the cards for me is Prince of Persia!

CyRevenant
4th May 2010, 14:39
Having seen the trailer in the cinema, I'm all for The A team. \o/

Liam Neeson looks like he'll be great as Hannibal.

Prince of Persia might be good too.

tread_softly
4th May 2010, 16:34
Yeah, Liam keeps surprising me lately.

First Taken, and now the A Team, gwan Liam.

Shinji170981
4th May 2010, 16:39
I cant accept the existence of the B-Team.
I cant call it A-Team, because the A-Team is Mr T and Friends, not those guys.
Call me old fashioned, but there will never be a better A-Team than:
George Peppard , Mr. T , Dwight Schultz and Dirk Benedict.

^.^Hammy
8th May 2010, 21:35
Off to A nightmare on elm street at 11 :D
Can't wait me and my sister are taking out mother (We get a strange pleasure out of taking her to horror flicks) And i still must go to iron man 2 ^.^

Miss_Suzumiya
14th May 2010, 18:25
zKjC87-sTOc

^^ Best. Scene. EVER.

I saw Iron Man 2 last week, pretty good... though, Iron Man was never my favourite Comic :-?

^.^Hammy
14th May 2010, 18:52
As a movie Iron man 2 was epic but as a sequel to the original it was a total let down :(

tread_softly
26th May 2010, 11:03
Watched The Matrix and Matrix Reloaded on UMD on a bus ride today (no time for Revolutions!).

Scary to think that the first one was released in 1999, didn't realise it was that old!

Inner Vessel
31st May 2010, 23:45
Anyone else see Dog Soldiers on Saturday night. I can't recall what channel it was on. Anywho, it's about a bunch of British army men being chased though the a remote area of Scotland by werewolves. I know it might seem a bit silly on paper but it was really well executed,and surprisingly good.

kitty-cato
31st May 2010, 23:55
Isn't that realllllly old?
I remember seeing it during my werewolf phase at school and loved it. :3

hecate
1st Jun 2010, 09:47
I wikied last night and it's relatively old,2002. It's good alright. If it were set in the US with the American army I'd imagine it would be crap,too many cliches and O.T.T. macho-ness. But as it is,it worked really well.

When I first heard of Dog Soldiers I thought it was a live action remake of Dog Soldier:

IR0NTMVjEcY

tread_softly
1st Jun 2010, 17:08
Just read that Kenneth Branagh is directing Thor ............................ WHAT!?

Nyssa
4th Jun 2010, 16:00
Just read that Kenneth Branagh is directing Thor ............................ WHAT!?

I'm happy with how it looks so far.

And by 'it' I mean 'he'. :awesome:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4013919488/tt0800369

Hybridchild
4th Jun 2010, 16:48
Anyone else see Dog Soldiers on Saturday night. I can't recall what channel it was on. Anywho, it's about a bunch of British army men being chased though the a remote area of Scotland by werewolves. I know it might seem a bit silly on paper but it was really well executed,and surprisingly good.

One of my favourite movies of all time. :D

Nyssa
10th Jun 2010, 13:44
Saw "The Losers" last night.....it is awesome.

tread_softly
10th Jun 2010, 15:36
I'm happy with how it looks so far.

And by 'it' I mean 'he'. :awesome:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4013919488/tt0800369

Ahhhh! I am enlightened :awesome:

kitty-cato
9th Jul 2010, 12:41
Whooo! Twilight tonight.
Aw, it's going to be bad in a good way <3

^.^Hammy
9th Jul 2010, 15:25
Whooo! Twilight tonight.
Aw, it's going to be bad in a good way <3
I'll be at it too ^.^

Sparkley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitty-cato
10th Jul 2010, 00:18
It was even worse than I though! Aw, fantastic script is making piss-take banter so easy. :D

Lance
10th Jul 2010, 15:41
If you know its going to be piss poor then why pay to go see it. I don't quite understand :/

kitty-cato
10th Jul 2010, 18:27
Why spend money on a shit load of alcohol when you know you're going to throw up, txt abuse to everyone on your phonebook and wake up in a ditch?
Cause it's good craic with mates.

Aw, and now we have too many in-jokes. I feel like Switzerland :3

MarkMI6
10th Jul 2010, 19:35
I feel like Switzerland :3

Gief me yore gold bullion :3

CyRevenant
10th Jul 2010, 23:00
Today I went to a lovely Pathé cinema to watch Toy Story 3.

I cried like a little girl.

Lance
10th Jul 2010, 23:46
Today I went to a lovely Pathé cinema to watch Toy Story 3.

I cried like a little girl.

You're supposed to lie and say manly tears.

hangfire
10th Jul 2010, 23:57
You're supposed to lie and say manly tears.

Only when it's :kamina: or Kenshiro.

E K Dante
11th Jul 2010, 13:17
Seen Shrek: Forever After and I have to say it's really really awesome! :awesome:

Ooo I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!! :biggrin:

Kylmar
11th Jul 2010, 22:36
Seen Shrek: Forever After and I have to say it's really really awesome! :awesome:

Ooo I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!! :biggrin:

Speaking of Toy Story, I'm watching the first one on Blu-Ray as we speak. :D

Nyssa
14th Jul 2010, 17:19
Has anyone seen Predators yet?

^.^Hammy
14th Jul 2010, 18:16
Speaking of Toy Story, I'm watching the first one on Blu-Ray as we speak. :D

I have it on blu as well and must watch it and the second before i go the the third one.... I'ts going to be epic Totoro in 3d \m/ :awesome:

MarkMI6
14th Jul 2010, 18:43

I haven't, but it looks worse than the last. And the last was... bad ;_;

Nyssa
14th Jul 2010, 18:51
I think it looks good.....but that could because of Adrien Brody.

MarkMI6
14th Jul 2010, 20:13
http://cjhallman44.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/adrien-brody1.jpg

He'd win in a fight, a beautiful, beautiful fight ;_;

I might rewatch Predator soon actually. Classic film.

Jayse
14th Jul 2010, 20:35

I have and its the best film since the first.

Dont expect anything amazing but it works in that whole B-Movie style.

Quite enjoyable

kitty-cato
14th Jul 2010, 20:49
Titanic is oooon <33

cade
14th Jul 2010, 23:58

I haven't, but it looks worse than the last. And the last was... bad ;_;

Just got back from seeing it. It's fucking brilliant in my opinion. Well up to the standards of the original. It's been a while since i've been this tense watching a movie. I would definitely love to see a series of Predator movies of this quality put into production.

Nyssa
15th Jul 2010, 09:27
Jeeze Mark warn a girl before you start putting photos like that up.

*Swoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon*

Awesome I can't wait to see it now :D