PDA

View Full Version : Movies the Critics slated but that are just fun.

cade
24th Jan 2011, 14:55
So for the longest time I've known that films that generally receive great reviews from the critics about portraying emotions and other such nonsense are generally films I shall dislike. So in a bid to find some new films that portray nothing but are just fun to watch I'm starting this thread.

Please include a youtube video with the trailer of whatever film you're recommending

Here are examples of what I consider relevant to this thread.

Hudson Hawk
ZKbZlcWzwGQ

Super Mario Bros.
wtMZKYnLg5c

Dead man on Campus
pz_WQUSJA9g

CyRevenant
24th Jan 2011, 16:34
So for the longest time I've known that films that generally receive great reviews from the critics about portraying emotions and other such nonsense are generally films I shall dislike. So in a bid to find some new films that portray nothing but are just fun to watch I'm starting this thread.

Wat.

That oddness aside, I agree that films can just be fun, however I disagree with you. There's a different between entertaining and bad.

Let me explain, There Will Be Blood. An excellent film which as you so eloquently put it, portrays emotions and such nonsense. Critically acclaimed, award winning and what not. 92 on Metacritic.

ml2Ae2SIXac

This is not a fun film. It is however, excellent.

Now let's look at a fun film. How about Iron Man? Who doesn't love Iron Man.

vhgzIM-9lfA

Iron Man is damned entertaining and fun as all hell. It is also very good. Well written, acted and directed. Also very well regarded critically and was well reviewed. 79 on Metacritic.

See, entertaining and fun aren't the same as bad. I don't get behind the argument that bad movies are fun to watch. The Room, for example, is just a bad movie.

But judging from your post, this is exactly the kind of thing you're looking for. So here, go watch The Room.

yCj8sPCWfUw

tread_softly
2nd Feb 2011, 22:58
So here, go watch The Room.

yCj8sPCWfUw

Please..... no...........

People deserve not to witness that

CyRevenant
2nd Feb 2011, 23:07
Please..... no...........

People deserve not to witness that
Hey, he wanted bad movies.

Inner Vessel
3rd Feb 2011, 14:59
The entire Saw series.

-LBAix3XzYo&feature=related

Tekken

-WVTLLPwaQc

Game of Death (1978 bastardised version)

K6Ic_4m6tYE

Nightmare on Elm street (2010 version)

S5zCJbwWAnw

ce0N3TEcFw0