The Golden Rule:
This site is run by 4 admins, 2 of whom pay for the hosting out of good-will.
It is run for the Irish Anime Community, and the Admins, DCU AMS or any other people associated with Eirtakon do not want to be sued for anything that our users post.
We won't allow anything that makes that likely. This includes libel, slander and promoting illegal activities.
If you are thinking about making a post and can't tell if it breaks any of these rules, then you should probably PM a mod to check first.
The Eirtakon forums do not require or request donations.
These are the General Rules which cover the whole forum. Each board also has its own rules thread - read these also before posting in the other boards
1 - Flaming / Spamming / Hate Posts
- Posts should be legitimate attempts to communicate between our users. Anything else will be moderated. This means having posts edited, having PMs sent, locking a thread, deleting posts or banning a user.
- Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a mod feels it is warranted. Calling someone an idiot qualifies as abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent may result in moderation, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion.
2 - Language
- You are expected to write posts in English with proper grammar and spelling. Install a spell-checker if you need one.
- You can also post in Japanese, if it is in a post about learning the Japanese language or practicing writing. Kanji / Hiragana is preferred over Romanji. Casual use of honorifics (-kun, -san) or common Japanese words (kawaii etc.) is not promoted. Remember: Too much ~desu spoils the pie.
- There is no rule regarding swearing etc., but bear Rule #1 in mind.
3 - Off Topic / Double Posting
- Sometimes threads go off-topic. Don't participate. If you want to continue a discussion that is off-topic for the thread you're in, start a new thread. Especially, don't ignore mods when they tell you to stop the off-topic discussion. Start a new thread instead!
- Don't Double Post. Include all of your comments in a single post until someone else replies.
4 - Moderation (List of Moderators and Admins)
- Each forum is assigned moderators who enforce the rules using their good judgment.
- Do not argue with the mods. If a mod has given a warning, an edit or a ban, you may PM the mod in question asking them to discuss it with you.
- If you PM a mod and are still unsatisfied, take things to the Feedback forum. Continuing an argument beyond a reasonable point will get you banned.
- Don't back seat moderate. We have a large enough staff without users telling each other what to do. If you think that a post breaks the rules, please use the Report Post feature instead
5 - Fansubs & Scanlations
- Discussion of Fansubs and scanlations, and by extension subbing and scanlation groups, is permitted. Requesting or providing links to unlicensed fansubbed anime or manga is not.
6 - Advertising
- Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked. If you wish to advertise an event please PM a moderator. We will work with you!
- This doesn't personal gatherings, such as birthday's or social events. (invite us too!)
7 - Posts about Porn, Sex & Sexuality or Illegal Activities
- You may not post topics/posts about any of the above.
8 - Ban Avoidance
- If we catch you trying to circumvent a ban, you will lose any chance of a ban ever being lifted. Our Admins know their stuff, they will catch you.
9 - Avatars and Sigs
- Avatars:Can be animated, but not annoying. Our decision is final
- Signature Text: 5 lines maximum. If you also have an image, 1 line max. Blank lines also count towards this.
- Signature Images: Must be less than 500 x 150 pixels. No animations.
- No flash or youtube embeds in signatures (links are fine)
10 - Smilies
- Use your own smilies if you really want to, provided that they do not link back to websites.
- Over-use, especially of animated smilies is not allowed
11 - Fonts / Coloured text
- Use different fonts / text sizes / colours to make a point, not for your entire post. It just makes it harder to read for everyone.
General Posting Guidelines
- Please navigate around the forums before starting a new thread. Use the search function if you think something may have been posted before.
Before you post a thread, consider the following:
- Is what I'm about to post relevant, coherent, funny or in any way interesting to other people?
- Does it add to the forum or is it another thread which is taking up space?
- Has it been posted before?
- Is it even suitable for this forum?